Logo

Raw Water Pump Question

jimw

"Question about the bearing ho

"Question about the bearing housing assembly, 2004 Crusader 6.0L. Is there a seal kit for the shaft that runs throuh the Bearing Housing Assembly. Mine seems to be leaking around the shaft. I don't see one in the part manual but I would think there would have to be a seal around that shaft. Otherwise I will have to buy a whole new Shaft Assembly.
It looks like I will have to use a press to push the shaft out to replace the seal."

"The link referenced is for th

"The link referenced is for the older sherwood pumps. The 6.0 has a different beast. Crusader's parts listing doesn't show a seal kit for the pump.

I'd suggest taking the pump off and inspecting it for the OEM's number. It is possible that it was "custom made" but not likely. Sommetimes, it just takes an afternoon going thru the catalogs to find out who made it. Afterwards, the seal kit is only money."

Thanks for the help. I don&#3

Thanks for the help. I don't know if it is just me or if other folks have trouble getting in touch with the parts/techincal guys at Crusader. I have made several calls to them with questions on various issues including this one and had to leave voice mails. They have never returned my calls.

Back