Fogging a 50GXI

nope!

i would not

what y

nope!

i would not

what you do is 2 tablespoons of 2 stroke oil in the fuel filter and run it

"Pick up one of these little b

"Pick up one of these little bottles in a "chemical safe" version.
{http://www.innotechprod.com/plastic-squirt-bottle-distilled-water-p-1321-l-en.ht ml,[url]http://www.innotechprod.com/plastic-squirt-bottle-distilled-water-p-1321-l-en .html[/url]}
Put your oil in it that you wish to use for protection (fogging).
Inject this so that it does not interfere with any air sensing ports in the TBI.
Proceed as you would fogging a carbureted engine..... about 1,300/1,500 RPM, and kill the ignition <font size=""+1"">while continuing to fog!</font> (this part is important!)

Remember that you have two planes on a SBC intake manifold....... we must get oil into both planes equally, or one cylinder bank may be starved of this protection!
Likewise when fogging a carbureted SBC."

"Thanks for all the infomation

"Thanks for all the infomation, I have a fog spray that comes with a red plastic hose that can go into the TBI,,is this ok..I had a carb on my last boat and used it every year, but this new 2007 boat has TBI,,,can I strill spray this in or should I use the oil"

"Bert, Are you certain that th

"Bert, Are you certain that this is TBI?
And always see your OEM manual for any of this stuff!

If TBI, first identify the areas that we don't want to contaminate with this fogging oil/spray...... then proceed.
Re-read post # 3 if you missed the parts about killing the ignition and the dual plane manifold!
Fog Heavily.... do it quickly.... (you can fog this engine in about 6-8 seconds)

If you are not comfortable doing so, (or this is not TBI) then you can use a secondary procedure by operating the engine using oil-enriched fuel in your fuel filter (MPI, FI, EFI etc.)
This requires more run time.
Again... see the OEM manual.

."

"Thanks, it is a 5.0 GXI in a

"Thanks, it is a 5.0 GXI in a 07 Monterey...I will change the oil/filters and grease then change out the SX gear-lube, and put her down for the winter next weekend...
rain.gif
"

Back