Logo

Sea King 6hp VWB27400 Prop

majkmann

Contributing Member
"1973 6hp Special, made by Chr

"1973 6hp Special, made by Chrysler. Need to find a prop for this motor. Pin Drive/2 blade or 3 blade. Already tried Discount Marine. Everyone says Not Available. Anyone have any ideas???"

I think Franz had a couple the

I think Franz had a couple the last time I was out there ... might be a used one.
Franzmarine.com ... 816-966-8085

"Thanks Mike, I'll give t

"Thanks Mike, I'll give them a jingle. It's a shame that props for a 1973 Chrysler 6 hp won't fit a 1973 Sea King 6 hp built by Chrysler. I was told Chrysler used up obsolete warehoused parts to build the sea king motors. Hense, the shortage of parts available."

"Been there, done that, every

"Been there, done that, every day. Seems Chrysler used obsolete West Bend parts constructing the 1973 6hp special (VWB27400) line for Sea King sales at Montgomery Wards stores. The origional prop that came on this motor isn't even listed in the Sea King book?? It came with a 7 x 4 3/4 2 blade exterior pin drive. It's "Special" alright!!
Thanks for your input."

"Hmmmm, I have a Chrysler 6hp

"Hmmmm, I have a Chrysler 6hp VWB 52006 as well as an 85 hp Chrysler and I have found Chrysler to be very consistant in their parts. Now, along comes Merc and takes over the factory, and they cobbled together old parts on the shelf to make the Force.
Some of the old timers here might know what year that all took place and it could be that your engine is in the transition period ?
But in MHO I don't think Chrysler used obsolete parts."

"Hey just a last thought,My mo

"Hey just a last thought,My motor is a SEA KING made by Chrysler ... the OEM part number for the prop is P409. (That's out of the Sea King manual)
I sure hope that this helps."

Back