Logo

Alternator for a aq130c

tonyr5500

"hi guys back again, am in nee

"hi guys back again, am in need of a new alternator for my aq130c, but i want one that has the power so i can run my gps, vhf, fishfinder, lights, radio, ect as well as the engein what would be the best one for this also how high a amp age can i go before its to much for the engine and/or batterys?

any help would be great thanks tony."

"I just put a new alternator o

"I just put a new alternator on my AQ130, I purchased it from Advance Auto Parts,,,Part#7127m3 or 5030250... Although it is not marine rated, I am quite sure that my engine compartment is not sealed well enough for any fumes to ignite. Up to you on the chance taking though."

"hi there thanks i think i wil

"hi there thanks i think i will need a marnie one as my boat is in salt water all the time, also will have kids on the boat so dont want to take a chance
thanks all the same tho."

"re:" I am quite sure that

"re:" I am quite sure that my engine compartment is not sealed well enough for any fumes to ignite. Up to you on the chance taking though."

1) Engine compartments ARE NOT supposed to be sealed, they are supposed to be well vented.
That said, the requirement in a well vented engine compartment is for a marine alternator.

2) Gas fumes are heavier than air. They settle to the bottom of the bilge. It is at the point that the gas fumes mix with the air, that ignition can occur, i.e. higher up (in alternator land)

While you are entitled to make your own decisions and do your own thing on your own boat and ignore regs if you so wish, I sincerely hope that you are not so thoughtless as to have any quests, EVER, on your boat."

"thanks for the info rob, as i

"thanks for the info rob, as i said am in need of a marine one, the one i have i think would have been on the engine from day dot cant seem to find one which will replace it, unless i pay £350 is this right? has any one had this pob before?"

"Benjamin Monroe, what you are

"Benjamin Monroe, what you are doing is dangerous; not just to you, but to others as well. In addition, it is plainly stupid. If there is an explosion in your boat, your insurance will not cover anything and you will be fully liable for any damages. And for what, for "saving" 50-100 bucks or so by buying an automotive alternator without marine protection?

I guess you already know, but I thought I would make the remark anyway..."

"You can also find aftermarket

"You can also find aftermarket marine alternators on ebay at less than the Volvo list price. In addition, a rebuild shop may have a way of adding the screens and taking care of the "marinizing" conversion. Don't mean to be piling on but there are reasonably priced options to putting yourself and others in danger."

"thanks el for the link will e

"thanks el for the link will email them find out the cost of shipping to the uk, will also look on ebay to, thanks for every one's input will let you know how i get."

"hi guys i managed to find a c

"hi guys i managed to find a company in the uk thats stocks all sorts of alternator for boat engines they are in essex £165.00 for a new one also pushes about 70 amp's instead of around 35 amps and you can pick up from them or if ordered before 3.15pm they delivery the next, for peaple in the US they may send over sea's if need be but not sure there
web site:-
www.universal.uk.com
email:-
[email protected]
phone:-
01268 662210 talk to steve thats who helped me and new what he was talking about i hope this can help sum one eles when they need it
thanks to every for the help"

Back