Logo

AQ 165 A

arriva

"HELLO
I'M FROM GREECE &#

"HELLO
I'M FROM GREECE (AND SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH) WHAT THE DIFRENCE BETWEEN VOLVO PENTA AQ 165 A WITH AQ 170 A,B OR C.
I HAVE A VOLVO PENTA AQ 165 A AND I WANT TO REBUILT ALL ENGINE"

"Mr. El P will be able to give

"Mr. El P will be able to give you more info on the inline six that I can.
However, I can tell you that this engine can become cost "in-effective" to over-haul.
Add to that an exhaust manifold (should you require one) and a few other hard to find parts, and this becomes even more expensive.

You may want to consider replacing it with a good OHC 4 cylinder engine.

What's your take, El? Morten? Others?"

THANK YOU FOR QUIK QUESTION
I

THANK YOU FOR QUIK QUESTION
IN GREECE NOW IS 00.30 O CLOCK
I WANT TO FIX THIS ENGINE AND NOT REPLACING BECAUSE IN GREECE (EUROPE) WE NOT HAVE GOOD PRICE OF ENGINES AND THESE CASE IS OVER-HAUL.
I' LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR THIS ENGINE EVEN AFTERMARKET. I HAVE A REINELL 20 FNS 1974 AND LEG IS 280 WITH CHRYSLER MARINE KYMBAL
WHAT YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE COST OF REBUILTING?

"Hi John,

For what I know,

"Hi John,

For what I know, the AQ165 and AQ170 have the same block (B30). The main differences are that the 165 and 170A have one type of cam and head, which are different from the ones installed on the AQ170 B & C. The latter two are higher compression engines.

The B30 block was installed on Volvo 164 cars in the 60s, so it is quite an old engine model. I believe there is no difference in the internal parts (pistons, rings, bearings, etc) between the automotive and marine blocks, so it would probably be cheaper to buy an automotive engine overhaul kit. However, the head gasket must be "marine", as it is in contact with salt water."

THANK YOU EL PESCADOR I'M

THANK YOU EL PESCADOR I'M VERY TANGLED WITH THIS ENGINE BECAUSE I'M NOT FOUND PARTS IN MARKET.PERHAPS
MAST BUY A OTHER TYPE OF ENGINE AND LEG WITH TRIM AND TILT 290 MAYBE + KYMPAL FOR MY REINELL WHOEVER BUY FOR AMERICAN STATE AND PERHAPS I NEED HELP

"???? ??? John (???????&#4

"???? ??? John (???????); ????? ??? ?? ???????? ???? ebay ???, ???????? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ??????? ??? ???? ???? ??? ?????????? ???? ??????, ????? ?????? ????? companys ???? ??? ??? ?? ???????? ???? ??????,
Dave (uk)"

"Dave, that is absolutely not

"Dave, that is absolutely not fair!
angry.gif
LOL

Translate for us, will ya?
happy.gif
"

"haha Ricardo
my greek is ver

"haha Ricardo
my greek is very limited, though i can speak 100 or so words,I am in Greece at least twice a year on holiday (vacation)as for reading and writing in greek I am stumped.
I explained that he could look on ebay USA as a lot of sellers are good enough to ship to Europe, also to contact engine dealers in the USA as a few of them will ship to Europe
I also cheated Ricardo, just go to this link and you can converse with almost anybody,
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
the only translation they don't do is American to British, as we know there are a lot of subtle differences.
dave"

KALHSPERA DAVE YOUR ENGLISH IS

KALHSPERA DAVE YOUR ENGLISH IS BETTER THAN MY ENGLISH I'M FROM CENTRAL GREECE LAMIA AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR KNOLEDGE ABOUT E-BAY.
I HAVE BROBLEM IN GREECE WITH PRICE OF PARTS ALL BUSINESMAN ARE FRAUDS FOR EXAMPLE SALE A VOLVO PENTA AQ 205 WITH 290 LEG DUOPROP MOD 1994 6.000 EURO WHITOUT GARANTY YOU KNOW I NEED HELP TO FIND A ENGINE FOR NY BOAT OR FIX THIS AQ 165
KALHSPERA LOIPON KAI PERIMENO NEA SOU

Back