Logo

Chrysler 360 Low Oil Pressure

moondancer

"My starboard motor has very l

"My starboard motor has very low oil pressure. I recently asked the mechanic to look at it and he came back with a 4000 estimate to change the oil pump.

I see I have about 5-10 psi on the oil gauge and it does go up a little when I tested it the other day. I started with changing the oil filter hoping it was clogged or something but that did nothing.

I simply will not pay 4000 to get the oil pump changed. Does anyone have any other suggestions before my mechanically inclined friend and I attempt to pull this motor and change the oil pump. Any help would be appreciated. If you want to email me directly at [email protected] that would be fine as well. Thanks in advance."

"George,

From what I hear a

"George,

From what I hear and read, you have to pull the motor and oil pan to get to the oil pump. I personally do not know. I wished it was external"

"My frisnd just changed his oi

"My frisnd just changed his oil , & used 20-50 Mobil 1.
I told him that I thought it was too heavy, but he got a great, (get it of the shelf) deal on it.
Now he says that his gauges reads 70 PSI (350 cid Crusaders
You might want to try a can of STP per 5qt ,,to get you by.

Fred 156-M"

"Yes, pull all of the old oil

"Yes, pull all of the old oil out and change the filter. Use a quart of Lucas oil additive--lasts far longer than STP.

Jeff"

Jeff I wouldnt pay it either a

Jeff I wouldnt pay it either a rebuilt with a warranty delivered is 1500.00 thats a long block

"Good deal, if it's a qual

"Good deal, if it's a quality product.

Mine was done by Versuvio (sp?) and works great. They even break it in ona dyno so you can just fire it up and go. Otherwise, you have to break in the cam at 2 grand for a half hour while looking about for oil leaks, overheating, etc. at the same time.

Jeff"

"Jeff,

You changed one of y

"Jeff,

You changed one of your engines? Did you build an A frame to pull it or did you buy one somewhere? I am going to try the changing the oil and putting 20-50 in there like you said and change the filter and then I guess the next step is to change the motor. Wish me luck"

"Russell,

So you saw good f

"Russell,

So you saw good feedback on these guys on ebay? I want to make sure if I have to get a new engine that it has been prepared in advance like Jeff's engine."

Youll have to call them Im sur

Youll have to call them Im sure they wont dino and break it in for that price you can do that before its installed in your garage thats what I do if you have those means FASTJEFF what price do you have and contact info Ill put them in my book if there reasonable..thanks Good luck jeff
I do feel its better to buy local to you if possible incase of an issue..Fastjeff are those propower engines??

Thy are built by Versuvio &#40

Thy are built by Versuvio (sp?). Great engines.

I had the marina use a forklift with a long boom on it to remove/ install the engines.

I use NAPA filters made by Wix--a quality brand.

Jeff

Back