Logo

5hp seaking

waldon005

I was wondering if someone cou

I was wondering if someone could tell me where i could find the serial/model numbers on the motor??

"Depending on your motor, it i

"Depending on your motor, it is likely on the transom bracket somewhere. Some are between where the transom clamps are, some are on the side. Most likely it is a metal plate riveted onto the bracket.
If you can't find it, post some pictures, someone will likely be able to identify your motor.
Good luck."

"I looked everywhere but I did

"I looked everywhere but I didnt see any plate or any numbers. I took a few pics but for some reason they exceed the allowable size limit for the website. I guess I wont find out what year it is.
angry.gif
I wanted to find out what year it is cause I need a shear pin (or how ever you spell it) a pin that breaks instead of your prop breaking. Anyone know where i could find one?"

"There are some picture re-siz

"There are some picture re-sizing programs for free on the internet, or you can try setting your digital camera to it's lowest setting.
Without knowing what motor you have, it's unlikely that someone would know what shear pin you need."

Ill try that resizing thing ou

Ill try that resizing thing out. My neighbor said he has used a nail before. I really dont want to use a nail if I dont have to. Hopefully Ill have some pics to post in a little bit!

Anyone have any ideas on what

Anyone have any ideas on what year this motor is? If anyone happens to know maybe they could tell me the gas/oil ratio

"Hey Joe,
That looks like a m

"Hey Joe,
That looks like a mid-70's Clinton K500 based motor.
As for myself, I don't know much about them.
I found a link with an identical looking motor (and it's ID plate) at http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235627

Until you know better, I'd mix it 24:1. Better a fouled plug than a blown motor.
Your motor is also air cooled, so It likely uses non-TCW oil. That is where some of the other guys will be better help than me. I've looked at some of the old Clinton posts on this site and everyone "in the know" seems to recommend 24:1 chainsaw type oil. Some of the Eska built air cooled engines still called for TCW oil so you probably want to make sure.

I hope this gets you started.
Good luck."

Hey thanks alot Wayne! Im gonn

Hey thanks alot Wayne! Im gonna check out the website and if everything goes right i might slap it on the boat and go for a test run.

"I have a 1961 5hp sea king. I

"I have a 1961 5hp sea king. It will only run for about 10 minutes in a barrel until it overheats. Am wondering if this motor is supposed to "pee". I had the water pump replaced a couple of years ago, but the motor has never run more than a few minutes without overheating. Also would like to find a service repair manual for it."

"Sounds like someone took the

"Sounds like someone took the serial plate off? It usually is on the transom bracket. If not, it's probably on a different motor.

This is the best place to find out info on old SeaKing motors. Click on link, then select your brand on the left side. You can find out more about your model at this site. Repair manuals are available at this site too...

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com
http://www.discount-marine-parts.com

Try Evinrude or Johnson parts too! They work with this motor.Don't ask shops for SeaKing parts, they;ll look at you crosseyed. Ask for parts from Evinrude and Johnson that are comparable. You may have to take the part in to get a perfect fit."

Back