Logo

1977 Sea Ray 190 omc Ford 302 eng removal

R

Rick Skrodinsky

"My daughter and her boyfriend

"My daughter and her boyfriend recently purchased a project. A 1977 22' Sea Ray 190 OMC sterndrive. The engine is locked up and will not rotate. My question is when I go to pull this motor to rebuild or whatever, what connects the engine to the sterndrive. Is it a splined shaft that will just pull stright out? Is it a ring gear setup? Is it a flexplate deal like in an car's automatic trans. ? I do not have a service manual yet I've looked at several ads for manuals but can't determine if they will cover this procedure or not. Does anyone know which manuals will cover this project? If the crankshaft needs to be turned in order to get to some bolts I think I'm going to have difficulty.

Thanx,
Rick"

"Rick, You can look in the Sel

"Rick, You can look in the Seloc "Look Up Tool" in the upper right hand corner of this page and see if they have your year boat/motor. I have used two different Seloc manuals and both covered engine removal and install. You can also look on e-bay under "Factory" boat service manuals and find the original factory service manual new or used for OMC.(SEARAYMAN13 is an e-bay store that has them)Those manuals are
a litle more in depth. Good Luck"

"Rick,
The manuals from SEARA

"Rick,
The manuals from SEARAYMAN13 on ebay are the actual "Service Manuals" from OMC. I bought one for my "project" - explains all. Refurbishing a 1977 Starcraft American 18 with 190 OMC.

Shane at [email protected]"

Back