PDA

View Full Version : 1 cyl Kermath

kenny
01-04-2002, 09:55 PM
" Kermath engine found. I was told it came out of a small sailboat used locally on Flathead lake, NW Montana. It is blue in color, original I believe,
and looks to be all there. Engine, trans, air screen, carb, fuel filter, rope pull front, water pump, frame rails, mag, everything I think. Engine
turns freely, trans seems to shift OK. This is all I know of this engine made in Detroit. Can anyone send me info?
engine#19123 trans#B17426 "

andrew
01-04-2002, 10:58 PM
"Kenny,
It sounds like what they called a Kermath Sea Pup, which was later sold as an Atomic 1.
Does it look like the following picture?

The Sea Pup was a popular engine for use as an auxilary engine in a sailboat but was replaced by diesels when they became small enough. It is also a suitable engine for a small skiff.
We sell an instruction book ("") for them it you need one.
Regards,
Andrew"

kenny
01-05-2002, 12:52 PM
Looks like it except mine does not have elec start or generator. Also it has a Tillotson carb different than yours shown. It has a rope pull and
mag. Also my air screen is round.

kenny
01-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Looks like it except mine does not have elec start or generator. Also it has a Tillotson carb different than yours shown. It has a rope pull and
mag. Also my air screen is round.

andrew
01-06-2002, 12:46 AM
" Kenny,
Do you think it is the same castings? I'm sure that they varied the accessories over the years. This one has a rope start in additon to the starter.
Regards,
Andrew "

kenny
01-06-2002, 03:48 PM
" Andrew,
It looks the same. It does have Kermath and Detroit,Mich USA cast in the top of the head.
It also has a freeze or soft plug oposite side of the spark plug from the water inlet line. I would be interested in selling.
Thanks, Kenny "

Bill Schaller
01-18-2002, 10:11 PM
""

bill
01-18-2002, 10:23 PM
""

bill
01-18-2002, 10:24 PM
""

andrew
01-20-2002, 07:20 PM
"Kenny,

It is probably the same as the one it the picture that Bill posted (thanks Bill!).

I assume that is an earlier model, but I don't know that for certain.

If you want to sell it you should list it in our classifieds ("").

Regards,
Andrew"