Logo

04 115 4 stroke overheat alarm

owen

"Overheat alarm comes on after

"Overheat alarm comes on after about 20 minutes of running, goes into protect mode restricting RPM's to about 3000. Replaced water pump impeller, thermostat, and overtemp sensor.........no change. Owner says the motor has been run aground several times and I suspect a partially plugged water line or "T". I want to disconnect each one individually, and the respective "T"s while checking for a blockage of mud or sand. Does anyone have a schematic of the water hoses on the motor showing each respective "T"s. The motor pees like a racehorse but I still suspect restriction since the pee line probably "T"s off and not really shows the volume of the water running through the powerhead.}}"

"#18

<[img]"http://www.mari

"#18

222028.gif
"

"Update on this motor. Replac

"Update on this motor. Replaced impeller, thermostat, and checked poppet valve. Alarm still comes in, owner decided to take to a Yam dealer and have the alarms dumped. Found out its the overcooling, not undercooling. Checked and verifed operation of the thermostat, again. The motor has been used exclusively in saltwater and not sure how well it has been flushed. I assume theres a buildup of crud which insulates the water from the metal, therefore the heat does not transfer to the water bringing the temp up to specs. If correct I assume he needs a teardown and cleanup."

Back