Logo

Merc 57 L Mercarb shutdown

bulit7

Contributing Member
Went out on a friends boat div

Went out on a friends boat diving today and the boat ran well until we were ready to leave. I took the helm and couldn't get more than 2500 rpms. Drive was trimmed out right but engine would not spin up. Then after a few minutes she died down in a way that felt like fuel.

We got back to his house after being towed to the ramp and I checked the filter and it was fine. Accelerator pump was squirting. I could not get a spark though. Any ideas while I mull this over? I hate boats!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

"Boat is a 79 Formula, repower

"Boat is a 79 Formula, repowerd who knows when to a Merc 5.7 L Alpha One, eclectric fuel pump, T5 ignition with the riser mounted module and sensor. This is a friends boat and I replaced the lower unit, completely overhauled the drive, bellows, Gimpal bearing, new fuel pump, carb rebuild, etc. It was running great and then pft!
AHHHHH!"

"Check the main engine grounds

"Check the main engine grounds then run tests

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/attachment_icon.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"">Thunderbolt Ign. tests
[url=""][b]Tests for Thunderbolt Ignition.docx[/b][/url] (10.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Thanks Guy. How do you open th

Thanks Guy. How do you open the doc you attatched? (feeling pretty dumb...)

"As a general suggestion, give

"As a general suggestion, given that not everyone can open .docx or even .doc files, I would suggest that all posts of documents be as "pdf" files. You don't have to buy the Adobe version, there is a free one available on line (not from me, I'm just a long time satisfied user)
When installed on one's computer, the pdf converter appears as a printer you can select when you "print" your source file from your normal "print" menu. In addition, pdf files are generally smaller than *.doc and are less likely to harbor viruses.

www.cutepdf.com"

Back