Logo

AQ171C Partedout Cylinder Head or Good Engine

edski52

"I am lookig for a cylinder he

"I am lookig for a cylinder head (dual overhead cam, distributor bolts on backside) for a Volvo AQ171C marine engine. My hope is to find one from an engine that is being parted out. Alternatively, if anyone has a good, working AQ171C engine located within driving distance of Huntsville, Alabama, I could be interested in purchasing a replacement engine. Also, if anyone has experience having a cylinder head welded (mine has a chunk blown out of it), please share your experience."

I'm parting out an AQ171C

I'm parting out an AQ171C right now.. Email me and I might be able to help you out...

"As a rule of thumb, if it is

"As a rule of thumb, if it is aluminum, it can be repaired. If it is cast iron, it cannot. Yours is aluminum. Any local automotive machine shop that does any volume should be able to repair and set up the head for bolting up. That said, I would always rather replace than repair if given a choice. There might be an automotive version that works as well."

AQ 171C Top end parted out and

AQ 171C Top end parted out and gone ( sold ) Bottom end up for grabs... Anyone interested?? Email me

"John -
If you are still part

"John -
If you are still parting out, I need AQ171C parts. I need either an upper drive unit or a U-joint assembly. I also need the U-joint bellows. The bellows had several rips, water got in the U-joints, and they are shot. If you have any of these used parts in good shape, I would love to have a shot at them. Direct e-mail: [email protected].
Thanks - Ed Culpepper
P.S. Engine with repaired cyl head is running great! I also just bought a 2003 Stingray - back to slalom skiing."

Back