Logo

43L Alpha One carb

pjuelharte

"I need to have a carb for a 1

"I need to have a carb for a 1989 4.3L Alpha I V6 rebuilt. I cannot find any local shops that rebuild carbs. Can anyone make any suggestions? Also, how do you feel about using an aftermarket carb instead? Which is cheaper and what are the pros and cons?"

"What Carb,..??

They come i

"What Carb,..??

They come in more than 1 flavor....

2bbl., or 4bbl.,..??"

"There should be an aluminum t

"There should be an aluminum tag on the top of your carb w/some numbers stamped on it. There should also be numbers stamped on the side of the carb. Order a carb based on the numbers.

This site sells reman. carbs. Do you have a 2 barrel or 4 barrel; I'll search for the Merc. part number?

The company below offers the same warranty as Merc. I have not used them but somebody said they were going to buy one in a thread and would let us know about the quality of their work.
www.flyingfishcarburetors.com

If you are close to SW Ohio I'll rebuild it for no charge except parts and shipping although I would rather have the boat for two days to set up the carb adjustments."

"Thanks for the offer, but I&#

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Virginia. I looked on line at that website. They seem to have good prices, but I'm wondering if it's just a good idea to take it to a local mercruiser authorized shop and have them rebuild it and set it up. It's a bit more costly though. BTW it's a 2 barrel carb. I believe it's a mercarb."

Just make sure that the dealer

Just make sure that the dealer uses the Merc. 1/4" base gasket NO MATTER WHAT. If they say it isn't necessary DEMAND IT! The dealer will probably just install a Merc. reman. for about $600 + labor but you'll be able to go back to them for one year for warranty.

This number is the Merc. PN: 3310-807764A1 if you order one. This site's sponsor sells it for $570 plus shipping.

Back