Logo

AQ145A carby

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"Just was about to use a sync

"Just was about to use a sync gauge on my carby and pulled the little pipe that squirts the fuel into the carby and noticed a small piece of rod inside where the tube goes.Its about 1/8"th diam and about 3/16"long.My question is does it supposed to be there
It seems to be that it should fit into the hole that the bended pipe fitd into,like some sort of metering thing.anybody tell me what this is and do I put it in the same whole as where the tube goes for suirting the fuel from the execelator pump.
Thanks,Stan"

"another thing to this discuss

"another thing to this discussion,I have removed this rod and found that it seems to be a extention on the tube that supply the first squire of the petrol to the carby.it is hollow and all i want to know if someone is knolegeable about this does it go where the before the execellator tube that fits into the carby.anybody know???
Thanks, Stan"

Is this small part like a fuel

Is this small part like a fuel arrestor that minimisers the amount of fuel that is sqired on execellation.I check the other carby and could not see anything like this on the other carby .I have to spare carbys and checked these and could not see anything that was the same.

Maybe if someone can steer be

Maybe if someone can steer be to a exploded view of the 44 pai carby I can see what this part is.

Just wondering if there are an

Just wondering if there are any knowelable people out there who could help me with this problem.Wondering if me posts are gettibg through.
Thanks Stan

"Stan, I don't recall seei

"Stan, I don't recall seeing a separate tube that you describe in my PAI 44 carbs when I tore them down. Will this piece attach to the bent piece of pipe you removed? or is it loose in the hole? Pictures of the two pieces of tubing would help"

"heres a picture.the little bi

"heres a picture.the little bit is a wisker smaller than the tube inself so it has not brolken off.it seems that it should go down the whole ,it should fit perfectly,but dont want to put in in because it would be impossoble to get it out without removing the carby.what do you think.I can only assume that when i removed the bendy bit that it came up with it somehow.thanks, Stan"

"picture.<center><table border

"picture.<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/attachment_icon.gif""" align=left alt=""image/x-bmp"">tube
[url=""][b]tube3.bmp[/b][/url] (76.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

"Your carb should look like th

"Your carb should look like the one here:

http://www.volvopentastore.com/CARBURETOR_841352/dm/cart_id.632526597--category_ id.333251--list_time.1218348987--session_id.061448492--store_id.366--view_id.328 485

The part is #8. As you can see, the nozzle is a component of a larger piece. The nozzle is removed from the carb by unscrewing the adjacent screw, then the whole nozzle assembly is free to lift out. It seems as tho you pulled out the nozzle without undoing the screw and the little tube pulled out as well and came off the main nozzle.

I suggest you remove the whole nozzle assembly and see if you can insert the tiny tube into the bottom from underneath, then insert the curved part from the top. Hope this helps."

"oh,thanks for that,BUT,my cov

"oh,thanks for that,BUT,my cover plate no 14 is not the same as the one in the picture.the cover plate in the picture shows a small slit where the bent tube come out of.Mine is different nad has full view to where the tube fits in.Saying that I has a manifold & 2 spare carbys and I just had a look at the and they are the same as the picture.I took the cover plate of (41) and found on this particular carby as discribed in the picture.the little tube that i am talking about fits into the part directly into the part that sits under the bent tube.It fits into a small tube assembly that has a ballbearing in it.Now that i have idetified where it goes and can just slip it in(thats where i thought it would go)with confinence,that to your info)but was wondering what this part actually does.I left it out and started the motor and procedeed to tune the carbys.Got them sync with a guage and adjusted the a/fix.runs reasonable good.Thats why I ask what effect does it have on the carb ,could this effect the idle as I have it as good as I can at the moment but it seems to surge up & down very little .could this be the reason.
Thanks
Stan"

The bent tube is the accelerat

The bent tube is the accelerator gas supply. When you open the throttle it supplies a spurt of gas into the throat of the carb and that allows the engine to rev-up quickly. It has nothing to do with the static idle.

Sounds like your little tube is just part of the accelerator assembly and that the ball bearing is a fuel metering device that allows a given quantity of fuel to the throttle throat with each throttle application. I wouldn't leave it out if you are sure you know where it goes.

Ok thanks for that.Another que

Ok thanks for that.Another question do you know what item no 7 plays in the diagram which state "Adjustment screw" what does it adjust?and which one is the main jet.
Thanks
Stan

"Stan, I strongly suggest you

"Stan, I strongly suggest you get yourself the Seloc manual. All your recent questions are answered by it. Normally, the main jet is not removed for cleaning and that is also covered in the manual."

Back