Logo

Volvo bellhousing bearing questions aq125a

Hello I have an 85 bayliner a

Hello I have an 85 bayliner aq125a 270 how do you install the bellhousing bearings ? I did not remove them someone eles did ( a jack ass no it all ) so I dont know how to put the new ones in. I have a repair manual but it does not show anything about the bearings. The upper part of the outdrive is off and the drive shaft is out and the old bearings does the bearings go in first then the drive shaft? Is there clips to hold the bearings in place ? I really dont know. I hope I got all my parts back... Thanks for you help .....

"This picture may help.

[ur

"This picture may help.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/CONNECTING_COMPONENTS/dm/cart_id.497973580--categ ory_id.333011--list_time.1216613448--session_id.971078962--store_id.366--view_id .325843

Basically, you insert in the shaft the bearing (part 71) then you lock it in place with the small snap ring (part 73) and one of the large snap rings (72), the latter going into a groove in the bellhousing. The other snap ring (72) also goes in a groove in the bellhousing andits mission is to limit how far the lip seal (74) can go."

Back