Logo

Wonbt turn off

bones774

"I have a J30RCED 1989 model

"I have a J30RCED 1989 model tiller steerinf the engine won't turn off, i cut the emergency button wires and tried replacing with on/off switch and still won't turn off, traced back to amp connector and black/yellow wire going to ignition module, can't get that to ground. Runs good otherwise.Thanks"

"Obviously you're aware th

"Obviously you're aware that the black/yellow wire at the pack is the kill circuit and grounding it kills the ignition.

If grounding that wire to the powerhead kills the ignition, use a ohm meter to trace the wire forward to the kill switch and from there to ground.

If grounding the black/yellow wire directly at the powerpack to the powerhead doesn't kill the ignition, then either the black wire from the pack isn't grounded to the powerhead OR the pack is faulty.

When time permits, visit my eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

"well i gotta check the black

"well i gotta check the black from the powerhead, didn't notice that before, but if faulty powerhead, there must be another way to ground out or stop the engine w/o buying a new powerhead. ??? Thanks"

"Powerhead? I assume you mean

"Powerhead? I assume you mean the powerpack?

If the black ground wire is broken or cut off of the powerpack, the pack would require replacing."

50 HP starts running at high R

50 HP starts running at high RPM butterflies are closed and it takes off like a rocket linkage is all fine...

Ron

"Spence........

(Marine

"Spence........

(MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page and click on the "Start New Discussion" hyperlink that exists in the "Blue Border".

This will allow you to enter your question/post under your own title heading which will then appear at the top of the list.

As it now stands, your post is buried under the post of another member.

When time permits, visit my store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

"Ok, I replaced the impeller a

"Ok, I replaced the impeller and now am having some difficulty with the shift linkage. I can assemble the two rods easy enoygh but then it does not shift properly, I think I need to start the assemblt at some sort of "default" position. Some guys said just put it together and it will shift when motor srats running. Help Please,Thanks everyone."

Back