Logo

Aq145a Solex Carbs idle amp power Jets

shoupsr

The Seloc Manual calls for 185

The Seloc Manual calls for 185 E5 Idle Jet and My carbs have 210 E5. Could this be my idle problem? If I set engine idle at 900 RPM when I engage the drive it slows down to 400 to 450 and dies. Both engines do the same thing. Other than the idle problem they run fine.

Still looking to find somone w

Still looking to find somone who might have some experince with the wrong jets installed in the Solex carb. The Seloc manuel calls the air jet to be 185 E5 and some refer to it as the idle jet. It is listed as #5 in the parts diagram.  I also found two spare carbs that came with the boat and they both were also 210 E5. I am trying to get the size of the power jet but since the boat is in Alaska and I am in Utah it will take some time.  I have have my Daughter do it.Thanks for any information.

"1) I don't think your

"1) I don't think your problem is the jets, but rather an incorrect idle mixture/idle speed adjustment and/or the carbs improperly synchronized.

2) If you still want 185 jets, your friendly VP dealer should be able to supply them. Look at part 5 in the link. Also, you can order the other jets by part number. But if I were you, I would try to adjust the carbs correctly (and most important, synchronize them with a uni-syn tool) rather than going through the expense of new jets and gaskets. I suspect the previous owner had a good reason to have installed the jets you currently have.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/CARBURETOR_841352/dm/cart_id.497973580--category_ id.333251--list_time.1215621828--session_id.514455175--store_id.366--view_id.328 485"

"El,
The above carburetor 841

"El,
The above carburetor 841352...is that a 44 PAI?
the reason I ask is, my Seloc manual doesn't show an exploded view like the one shown in the link. Thank You."

Back