Logo

Hard Starting

"15 HP Johnson 1976. Back aga

"15 HP Johnson 1976. Back again. I have did everything possible except trade it off and this engine is just about impossible to start. It seems to perhaps flood out. Even with half a choke. Once placed on boat I am just unable to pull it with enough force to start. Everthing except rebuilt job has been done. plugs, points, condenser, power packs, clean caurb, new ev erything. any ideas out there. My 9.5. starts the first time or no more ;than two times so help me with this l5."

"1999 Evinrude 115hp Ficht - H

"1999 Evinrude 115hp Ficht - Hard Starting (warm).

Usually starts 1~3 attempts cold. After running about, or after a drift, I have trouble restarting, takes upwards of 5 to 15 minutes of repeated attempts. Turning key only allows for less than 1 second of starter control... then disengages (I feel if the starter kept cranking for 1 to 2 seconds, that it would fire right up).

What is the issue? (Starter selenoid? Starter?)"

"Arlie..... What is the compre

"Arlie..... What is the compression reading of both cylinders?

With the plugs remopved and a spark tester hooked up with a gap setting of 1/4", do you have spark that will jump that gap with a strong blue lightning like flame.... a real SNAP?

What spark plugs are you using?

-------------------
Marty.....

(MarineEngine.com - Properly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page and click on the "Start New Discussion" hyperlink that exists in the "Blue Border".

This will allow you to enter your question/post under your own title heading which will then appear at the top of the list.

As it now stands, your post is buried under the post of another member.

When time permits, visit my store at: http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back