Logo

AQ exhaust manifolds interchangeability

vovo222

"Hi, I have a AQ110 engine and

"Hi, I have a AQ110 engine and need a backup exhaust manifold. I was wondering if an exhaust manifold from the AQ130 will fit. The main difference seems to be that AQ130 has cooling pipes on top entering at the exhaust ports -- will my AQ110 dual downdraft carbs have enough room for clearance when installed, or would I have to convert over to the AQ130 sidedraft strombergs to have it fit?"

"Woddy I must say you had me c

"Woddy I must say you had me confused till I read your profile. You have a 1964 b18 block right? It is my understanding that the B18 and the B20 block are the same, just different casting around the sleeves.
Most AQ130C come with dual downdraft carbs and B20 blocks. I have never seen an AQ130 with sidedraft carbs. It might be that the AQ130A is the one with the sidedrafts.
Here is a link to Volvo website I use to look up parts.
http://www.volvopentastore.com/AQ/dm/category_id.342808--cart_id.405026455--sess ion_id.574446787--store_id.366--view_id.342808--search_type.category
I did not see any difference in the exhaust manifolds with the AQ130 side/down drafts.
If you can get all the plumbing parts you should be able to make it work.
You would be converting your motor to a AQ130C
So to answer your question no you would not have to convert to sidedraft
Clear as mud?
Gil"

Back