Logo

Pontoon cleaning

skent

Anyone know how to keep pontoo

Anyone know how to keep pontoons clean? Mine is always in water @ marina.Is there a product that will not allow algae to grow at all? Pressure washing does a decent job but it's still rough when finished. My boat runs about ten mph. faster when clean.

I know this is a engine websit

I know this is a engine website. Just thought I could get some help on this subjuct since your engines do float.

"don't get mad. try the mi

"don't get mad. try the misc. heading further down. mention if you are in fresh, or salt water. any other info might help."

"Try a marine supply that cate

"Try a marine supply that caters to pontoons. There are cleaners and there might be some treatments to apply for preventing algae growth. Check out this site's sponsors. If not available check www.overtons.com"

"Scott...

The big ocean fre

"Scott...

The big ocean freighters have been fighting this problem since Noah built his arc. Marine growth adds an unbelievable amount of drag to the bottom of a boat and adds thousands of dollars to the fuel bill of cargo ships going back and forth between North America and Europe. I had to do a bunch of research into Zebra muscules a few years back and what was found to be effective was --- don't laugh--- mixing ground up hot chille peppers and cayan pepper into the paint for the bottom of those big boats. Sounds stupid but I guess it burns those little buggers right where they don't want to get burned. There must be something to apply to the bottom of your pontoons after you get them clean.
(if it dosn't work, you could add some ground beef and some kiddney beans and have lunch)

Wrench"

Back