Logo

Low water Pressure Alarm Demo

fastjeff

Gold Medal Contributor
"Defveloped an alarm system to

"Defveloped an alarm system to beep if water is cut off to the motors for any reason. THis is on a twin engineed inboard boat, but it applies to any raw water cooled boat engines (that will destroy themselves in less than 30 seconds on plane if the water is cut off. This I learned from painful experience!)

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/Fastjeff/?action=view&current=LWPAlarm-2. flv

Jeff

PS: I aplogize for the excessive length of the video. This version got uploaded instead of the editied version by mistake."

"Hi Jeff...This is Todd from E

"Hi Jeff...This is Todd from Ephrata.Ya know my brother and I thought about this a few times and never got to putting it together.My thought was to make our own set-up besides the original.My idea was to put another sensor that senses pressure between the circulating pump and intake.If it senses a lower pressure...the lights and alrm go off.Is this somewhat on the line you have done?
Well its time to get the list started for this year and am heading to the boat in the morning actually.Have been in Cancun the past 3 weeks and want to top off the batteries,along with just seeing a lot of marina friends I boat with.We are a pretty tight group.Some (4 couples)are actually over your way on the Bohemia.Looking forward to meeting up with you on the water."

"..."Looking forward to me

"..."Looking forward to meeting up with you on the water."

Me too! The circulating pump has a fitting that was both convenient and gave a higher pressure reading than anywhere else. So I used it. The circuit is simple: the adjustable switch closes at less than 1 psig, triggering the beepers. Both switch and beepers were eBay items--cheap.

Jeff"

"WOW were we ever thinking ali

"WOW were we ever thinking alike on this one.But you are the one that did it.My brother and I as you know raced off-road trucks for over 20 years and one track is within 10 miles of your house.In all that time we always had lights and alarms as we saw others losing motors often.In the boating the engines are still very expensive and as you said...30 seconds is all it takes.I am glued to my gauges as a captain of any vessel and in this sport, I am still helping others that operate a boat by only looking thru the windshield.See ya soon........todd"

"Deal! Remember that, even th

"Deal! Remember that, even though your eye is on the temp gage, the gage itself will read low when water is not present. Steam doesn't affect it like water does.

Jeff"

Back