Logo

Yamaha 115 2004 runs only with vacume line disconnected.

Michurin

Good day everybody. I have yamaha outboard 115 2004 and at this point it only starts/runs with vacuum line disconnected from pressure regulator, as soon as I'll plug the line back it shots down. I have replaced pressure regulator but that didn't change a thing. Any ideas what may be cousing such a behavior?
Thank you!

The pressure regulator is plumbed to the intake manifold. So that manifold pressure is applied to the regulator.

Prior to start, the manifold pressure will be as high as it will ever be. As will be the fuel pressure. Upon starting the motor, the manifold pressure goes down and so too does the fuel pressure.

If the motor won't run with the pressure regulator being plumbed to the intake manifold, but it will when the regulator is not plumbed to the intake manifold, (resulting in an excessively high fuel pressure) I might guess that the fuel injectors are somewhat clogged. At the normal fuel pressure they won't allow enough fuel flow for the motor to operate. But with an excess fuel pressure they might.

When were the fuel injectors serviced?

The pressure regulator is plumbed to the intake manifold. So that manifold pressure is applied to the regulator.

Prior to start, the manifold pressure will be as high as it will ever be. As will be the fuel pressure. Upon starting the motor, the manifold pressure goes down and so too does the fuel pressure.

If the motor won't run with the pressure regulator being plumbed to the intake manifold, but it will when the regulator is not plumbed to the intake manifold, (resulting in an excessively high fuel pressure) I might guess that the fuel injectors are somewhat clogged. At the normal fuel pressure they won't allow enough fuel flow for the motor to operate. But with an excess fuel pressure they might.

When were the fuel injectors serviced?
injectors were serviced last year, I might did 10 -15 hours after the service.

Put a gauge on the fuel injector rails and see what the fuel pressure is. Key on motor off. Key on motor running at idle. Key on motor running at mid throttle.

Back