Logo

Water Recovery Bottle

icemanhe

I have a Crusdar 7.4 Motor. The water goes into the bottle when the motor is hot but does not go back into the motor when cold. The amount that is in the bottle is the amount that is needed to go back into the motor when i remove the raditor cap. The other motor works properly. The motor is not overheating. I have switched raditor caps but the problem still exsist.

the coolant isn't getting drawn back in because there is a leak in the system somewhere, letting in air instead of the coolant from the bottle.

Check the hose from the filler neck to the bottle; if not there, I'd get a pressure tester.

Is the pressurre tester you are refering to go in place of the raditor cap? What pressure should I pump it up to? the cap is rated at 7# If the pressure does not hold whats the next step
thanks for you help

If the cooling system is leak-free, the coolant will be drawn back in as things cool down and contract. Since your coolant is flowing into the bottle when things expand, there has got to be an air leak somewhere. The leak is either in the overflow portion or the main coolant section.

The first suggestion was to check the overflow system - filler neck, overflow tube nipple, hose, bottle, etc. If that isn't leaking, you need to check the coolant section. that's where the pressure tester comes in. It should have directions regarding how much pressure to apply and for how long. 7psi - operating pressure - would be the minimum.

Back