Logo

Tohatsu 6 sailpro dies at idling to low

Baoyu

Hi,
My two year old Tohatsu 6 sailpro dies between "start" position to "restart" position, anywhere between the two positions, it will die within 1 or 2 minute. other than that, it starts well, and goes well at low to middle speed. I never go high speed, but it should be good.
I opened the carburator and it is clean, checked the filter and it is good, aslo replaced the spark plug, but the problem remains. In the water barrel I test run the motor, I found a ring of black carbon (or some kind of dirt) along the wall of the barrel at the water surface, and also a ring of black carbon around the motor shaft.
Has anyone come across this similar problem or any idea?
Thank you very much!
Bryan

Baoyu

Hi,
My two year old Tohatsu 6 sailpro dies between "start" position to "restart" position, anywhere between the two positions, it will die within 1 or 2 minute. other than that, it starts well, and goes well at low to middle speed. I never go high speed, but it should be good.
I opened the carburator and it is clean, checked the filter and it is good, aslo replaced the spark plug, but the problem remains. In the water barrel I test run the motor, I found a ring of black carbon (or some kind of dirt) along the wall of the barrel at the water surface, and also a ring of black carbon around the motor shaft.
Has anyone come across this similar problem or any idea?
Thank you very much!
Bryan
I watch a Youtube video on how to clean the carburetor, and found I didn't clean the low speed jet. So I opened the carburetor again and cleaned the low speed jet, and it worked.
Thanks!