Logo

Tohatsu 2022 20hp EFI remote conversion

Axman

Hi,

Total outboard diy noob here. After several skis and a 25ft CC with a 250 Suzuki I decided to downsize to a SIB with a small outboard. But I (better said my 60yo shoulder) really can not warm up to the old school tiller handle, so I am working on a console setup.

I have a 22 20hp EFI e -start that I want to convert to remote control. I have the drag link assy on order and the RC control fitting on hand. What I do not have is a manual on how to put everything together. Does anybody have a link, pdf, bok I can buy or video I can watch to figure it out? Also, any recommendation on a non oem remote control box.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

I always go oem. What is the RC control fitting? Do you mean the SRC kit? The oem box plugs right in, and uses standard cables.

Thanks! I have that. But it looks like I still need 3RS761100M, right?. Sourcing is a PITA right now. Remote Assy kit from the UK, drag link kit from Japan, hopefully the wire kit here in the US. (order placed but I can only be sure after it ships)

I typically get the RC box with the cabling as a kit. That also includes the meter cable to the helm area.

I don't have the box yet - is there another box that would work without 3RS761100M? Just asking since the parts are ridiculously hard to find.

Just ask your dealer for the appropriate PRE-RIGGING KIT (Side Mount & Meter Lead Wire) for your motor.

I don't have a dealer - and our local boat shops are so busy this time of the year they plain ignore me. If it isn't a 10k job they are not interested. (Yes, someone said that to me. I just got the wires - billed as 3RS761100M shipped under 3RS761100M but the bag shows 3RS761100 - 0 and it does not look like it has the plug in it - just loose wires. Is there a way to do all this without going through the local dealerships humilation?

Not sure of the pert number for a 20 hp side mount with cabling. I just did two 60s, though. You could also call Tohatsu America in Dallas for the number, but you will need to order through any dealer. Yes, a Merc unit probably works, but is more expensive.

Thanks Paul,

J. at Tohatsu and i are about to become close friends as often as I have called him. Very friendly btw. Btw, the right cord assy is 3RU761100 - and Boats.net ordered me one. I will be taking a good look at the bullet provided and take it from there. Thanks, Axel

Back