Logo

Tamd60c

terry williams

Hi all

I am stripping down my port turbo charger to renew the bearing but cannot find any
info to help with the following;
I have removed all flange bolts etc but am reluctant to apply any force to seperating the three
body parts (rotor housing -- Bearing housing -- compressor housing) for fear of damaging the rotor.
Can anyone tell me if the rotor housing will just slide over the rotor on separation or do i have to
remove the rotor?
also does anyone know the torque of the rotor retaining nut?
Thankyou if you can help
Terry

The housing should be able to slide over the rotor. The center section is called the cartridge. If you are having trouble removing the housings, the chances are the rotor shaft and heat shield are damaged also. You may have to replace the entire cartridge, at least that is what happened with my TAMD40. Good luck.

Re: Tamd60c turbo charger

The housing should be able to slide over the rotor. The center section is called the cartridge. If you are having trouble removing the housings, the chances are the rotor shaft and heat shield are damaged also. You may have to replace the entire cartridge, at least that is what happened with my TAMD40. Good luck.

Thanks for responding glen, I actually managed to seperate them but hit a further problem in that
I can't figure out if the nut on the rotor end of the shaft is a left hand thread or not,
I have got to be carefull as the compressor end is soft metal (aluminium?) so cant hold in vice.
Just have to think of another way!

Terry

Back