Logo

Suzuki DF 2.5 missing or vibrating at high rpm..

louc

Advanced Contributor
Ok I am trying to fix this for a relative. 2021 Suzuki DF2.5. It was left with gas in the carb over the winter & wouldnt start last spring. I cleaned the carb 2x one time with carb cleaner & compressed air & the second time with an ultrasonic cleaner & then compressed air. Starts easily and idles fine, runs fine at low speeds. At high rpm the power head vibrates from side to side. I changed the spark plug, no change. When I did the carb I didn’t remove the small jets in the chamber under the metal cover because I didn’t have a proper jet wrench & didn’t want to strip them. I checked the primary and secondary coil resistance and found both were low compared to the specs I have in the shop manual for my DF 2.5 but it is much older (2011); not sure if the specs have changed seeing as how the one I’m working on is the same engine but 10 years newer. The only difference I can see is the newer one has a fuel pump that mine doesn’t have. Ideas? Could it be the coil? Or do I have to go back at it with the carb again?
 
Back
Top