Logo

solinoid

What motor ???----Starter solenoid ""----Or the electric primer valve"=----Or choke solenoid ?----Shift solenoid ??-----Model # of your motor "

Thank you for responding. It's a 1965 Evinrude 40 hp Lark vii. This problem started about 9 months ago. I'd try and crank it over and nothing would happen. Thought It might be the battery. Battery Good. When I tapped on the junction box (which is located near the motor where solenoid is located) after a few times., it would start right up. It got harder and harder to get it to start. Now I can't get it to turn over and start. When I jumped the Solenoid with jumper cables, it would turn over. I thought it might be the solenoid. bought one on ebay (vintage). while I was installing it I notice some corroded wire connections. I fixed those. When I turn the key, I am getting 12 volts at the solenoid. Could it be a grounding issue?

Look for and find the safety switch under the magneto.----White wire I believe.-----If throttle is advanced too far ther motor will not crank.-----You may be able to clean adjust this switch.

Back