Logo

Possible to cover outdrive while in water? Options???

jtoma878

Contributing Member
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]So I have my '94 Bayliner Ciera (27') with Alpha 1 drive docked in a channel off Biscayne Bay in Miami Beach, FL. In past years I have had it docked in a lagoon in NJ. Up north, there wasn't much barnicle growth, but down here boy is it a different story. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Of course I painted the drive prior to launching in January, but due to stagnant water at the dock I am getting hundreds of tiny barnicles growing on the drive. I try to use the boat as much as possible, which I know is the best solution. However, this isnt always possible. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]My question is, is there a solution where i can tie some sort of bag around the drive @ the gimbal housing to keep these buggers out? It is getting a little rediculous. I was thinking some type of canvas or vinyl bag with a draw string (think ******** equipment bag) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Any suggestions? I cannot afford to move to a different dock, I don't have a truck nor do I care to launch & relaunch, and no access (also cant afford) a lift. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]I was also thinking of some kind of bubbler system to keep water moving.... [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]All input is appreciated!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial] [/FONT]

Back