catfishin_welder
Contributing Member
The insulator (13129-87J00) has a silver type of material around openings on both sides. VERY thin, not sure what the material is but mine are about 35 -40 % flaked away. It's not a cheap part. I found used one on eBay and looking at it up close, it appears flaked away similar to mine. Has anyone scraped this away with razor blade and replaced with thin cork (i have bulk various thickness gasket cork on hand) or used thin bead of petroleum resistant rtv in its place? My injectors are clogged and I'm concerned some of this material may have gotten into them? Maybe not but i feel like if I replace it with same oem part new, it will just deteriorate again. I've got a Suzukirude 40hp 4stroke (df40) that does not have this part. Can I just scrape away the silver and use the insulator as is possibly? I cannot find a Suzuki MSDS sheet online that specifies the part numbers makeup. Thanks for any input

