Logo

Old Sea King - How do you get the top off?

jrsavoie

Old Sea King - How do you get the top off?

I had this on a Jon boat for years. It has now been hanging on a saw horse 15 years or so.

I forgot anything I knew about it.

I wanted to take the top off to squirt oil in the cylinders and we could not figure it out. Do you have to take the sides off to take the top off?

Where would any numbers on the is motor be?

Thanks

Maybe add a year or pic?
You'll need 3 or 5 posts to add pics, but photo bucket or any picture sharing site will work.

Maybe add a year or pic?
You'll need 3 or 5 posts to add pics, but photo bucket or any picture sharing site will work.

I have no idea on the year. I bought it used. I do not know where to look for numbers.

I have had it for 20 years. The boat is a 1976. But that doesn't really mean anything. Motor might be the same year Or it might not be.

The numbers would be under the cover on a small metal tag.
Pics?

I forgot I had a pic on the computer

Have to wait for numbers until I can see the plate

Attachments

• 20 hp motor.jpg
    20 hp motor.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 36
Remove side covers.-----You then may find that top and recoil are on with 4 nuts.-----Not quick but there is not much plastic junk on that rugged motor.

Thanks. I thought I remembered the top coming off by itself. I was going to try this as soon as I get done with a few other honey do's

That's a true antique.
That's probably from the 50's

It always ran great. Never gave me any issues. I wonder how many hours it has on it. I'm the 3rd owner. I've had it a long time and put very few hours on it. the guy that had it before me used it on the 1976 Polar Kraft Jon boat I bought from him

Back