Logo

No power to anything other than start, trim up and down.

Tim429

I have a 2001 2600 sea swirl striped with a 5.7 gsi that lost all electrical power. The only thing I have is the starter and power trim. I checked the main breaker and got 12v coming and going. I have 12v at the key, I’m pretty sure I got 12v at the fuse panel for all my accessories but nothing works, no gauges, switched, fuel pump, nothing. Last place I took it too told me it needs a new ECU but they don’t make them anymore for the model I was told. My question is does this sound like an ECU issue considering I have no power to anything on the boat, I did check the ecu plug and got 11v in the plug, so I’m not sure what else to do. Thanks.

Unlikely an ECY problemunless it caused a fuse or breaker to blow.... That said... " pretty sure I have +12v at the fuse panel" needs verification. And iif youhave +12V at thepanel, one of the fuses likely blown. Break out your meter or test light and find out where it disappears.

Check every fuse & the fuse terminals in the fuse box for oxidation. Happened to me one year with the starter circuit. Fuse had continuity but was oxidized so not enough current could flow. Same thing happened with the 12V power outlet this year. Old glass fuses!

Back