Logo

Need Parts to Convert Honda BF225 from 30" to 25" Shaft

mstyle8517

I know this may be a horrible first post, I know this might not be the right forum to put this in, or maybe I walk on eggshells from being on The Hull Truth.

All of that aside, I just re powered my Sea Ox with a 2006 BF 225. I got a killer deal on the motor that I can't complain about. However, it wasn't until the engine was already mounted that I pointed out the seller's error - he listed it as a 25" shaft when in fact its a 30" shaft. He knocked some money off of the already ridiculously low price so now I need the parts to bring this down to a 25" shaft.

The main thing I need is the 25" vertical drive shaft, shift rod and water tube would be nice too.

I can do cash/paypal or a little cash/paypal + trade my 30" components. If anyone can help or can steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes, it was that motor on THT. I asked the seller twice if he was positive it was the 25" shaft. Took the boat down to Miami, hung the motor and it was obvious it was a 30". He knocked $300 off of the already absurdly low price. I just sent the shaft to Bob's Machine in Tampa to have it chopped down, bought the shift shaft and bolts from boats.net for $120, and I pulled the water tube and lopped 5" off of it. Its a PITA but at the end of the day, I got a BF225 w/ 80 hrs., prop, controls, and digital guages for a song. I look forward to what this forum has to offer. And btw, on the manual jack plate, I saw a post somewhere where the jackplate had basically peeled apart and the motor almost went by by. I like the idea of a bracket but that would be too much torque on the transom of my 20 foot sea ox.

Last edited:
Hey looking to due the exact opsite. lol turning a 25" leg to a 30" leg i have the new leg and the spacer just missing the hardware. i assume i need longer studs for the leg but cant find them anywear. any chance someone would have some leads or suggestions on this.

Last edited:
Hey looking to due the exact opsite. lol turning a 25" leg to a 30" leg i have the new leg and the spacer just missing the hardware. i assume i need longer studs for the leg but cant find them anywear. any chance someone would have some leads or suggestions on this.
Would you have the parts to go from 30 inch to 25 inch still ? Be interested in buying

Back