Logo

Need info on Ted Williams 7.5 outboard

JIMFJ

Hello,

I have Model #217-5888-1 serial number 152473.

I need info on the rank that is used with the motor. It did not come with a manual so from searching the site I see 32/1 or 24/1 mix ratio.

Does anyone know if this is just gravity feed? The fitting on the motor has a small heck ball on it, if that helps.

Look at post #3 in this thread. Once you open/download the manual, oil ratios are on page 3.
Your motor, the 217 denotes a Sears Ted Williams badged motor, they used Ted Williams as an endorsement. I have a 1970 5.5 my dad bought new.
Here is the list of TW (Eska) motors, these people also have parts for these motors.
Yours appears to be a 1972, & from the service manual uses 24:1

Look at post #3 in this thread. Once you open/download the manual, oil ratios are on page 3.
Your motor, the 217 denotes a Sears Ted Williams badged motor, they used Ted Williams as an endorsement. I have a 1970 5.5 my dad bought new.
Here is the list of TW (Eska) motors, these people also have parts for these motors.
Yours appears to be a 1972, & from the service manual uses 24:1
I’m not sure about the gravity feed on yours. My 5.5 has an intergal tank on top, which is gravity feed. There is also a connection for an external tank, down near the bottom right of the front panel. It uses a different connection than the common Evinrude tanks.

Back