Logo

Need help locating part for 1983 25hp Johnson

c-dubb

I have a 25hp Johnson (J25ELCTD) and the stud that goes from the lower unit through an extension housing into the exhaust housing is broken. It is between 7 and 7-1/2 inches long and is part number 64 in most diagrams. It appears as if this part is obsolete and I'm hoping someone can help me find one or figure out a different way to attach these parts together. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Stud part #321926 supersedes up to part #330060, approximately $25.00 in my 2010 price book (still available at that date), if now unavailable may still be on some dealers shelf... worth a try.

The alternative is to pick up a piece of steel stock at a hardware store or elsewhere, cut it to length and cut threads as needed... not a major operation, just time consuming.

Thanks. The #0330060 is the short stud not meant for the extension housing. It is only 2 or 3 inches long, the one that I need is over or about 7 inches long.

Thanks. The #0330060 is the short stud not meant for the extension housing. It is only 2 or 3 inches long, the one that I need is over or about 7 inches long.

I just checked my 1983 25hp parts book and found that part listed #64 has the same part number (321926 - 330060) pertaining to the standard length stud and also the 7.5" stud... a OMC typo, sorry about that, I just didn't notice that previously.

Thanks for all the input guys. I almost sure I have found and ordered the correct part, guess i'll find out for sure in a couple of days.

Back