Logo

Mercury Outboard Australia

Jackrabbit

Hi All,
New member to forum from Australia.
Mercury Outboard Motor 25HP (2 cyclinder) Serial Number: 8073158& Up (Australia).
Motor was born in 1986 as it is 36 years young parts are starting to wear.
I am chasing a forward gear assembly 43-85135A 2.
I am unable to buy required parts in Australia, only old motors and hope the needed parts are still in good condition.
MarineEngine.com have the part i am chasing available but do no freight to Australia.
Making enquires if anyone on this forum is able to assist with securing a new part and having it shipped to Australia.
JackRabbit

Those gear sets are very tough - is it the gear or the bearing? If you replace the gear you'll have to re shim the whole LU, finding a good used one shouldn't be too hard you can get a clue on their condition by checking the gear lube and the play in the prop/driveshaft.

Welcome to the Forum. Short or longshaft? I have a beautiful complete Minnesota freshwater, longshaft, one owner unit here, I will check on shipping costs. Where are you in Australia? I have friends in Makay.

DHL ship to you? I have used parts for that unit too. Where are you located? I have shipped to Australia before. Shipping to Philippines quite often as we have 2 homes there and lots of equipment to repair. Even have a 1967 Chevy Impala, assembled in Philippines, gauges are metric....pretty sweet.Screenshot_20220308-112451.png

Last edited:
Hi Timguy The part that i am chasing is a Forward gear ( 1 required per assembly ) According Marineengine Parts page Part numberis 43 - 85135A-2
The outboard is a mercury 25Hp out board motor, 2 Cylinder, Short shaft, Year 1986. Serial number range is 8073158 & up ( Australia ) Marineengine site tells me they have 10 in stock but do not do international shipping. If you dont have the part are you able to purchase 1 if possible, & ship to Australia
With thanks Jackrabbit

Okay, will get shipping cost on Monday. Sure that my friends at Tim's Outboard in Hackensack MN have that part. Will get things priced out. No cost from me, just buy the wife and I a VB if we ever meet ya!

Back