Logo

Mercury 240 efiIs there another motor I can use that will fit

swpdaniel

"I have a 2001 Seadoo Challeng

"I have a 2001 Seadoo Challenger model 2000 with a 240 efi motor. The block has a good size hole in it and I am trying to find a rebuilt motor or block but am not having good luck. First off, does any one know who would have one for sale, second, is there another motor block that can be used that all the parts will hook up to . Please let me know."

"Sorry Daniel, I have two 454

"Sorry Daniel, I have two 454 engines they are way too big for your boat. One fresh from the machine shop and the other was supposed to be running. I bought them to replace in my boat, but I was told a BBC was a BBC not so!! You can't use a 91 for a 98 vintage it just won't work without redoing everything.. Good Luck"

The serial number is OE3853981

The serial number is OE3853981. Model is S240J30YS and the motor says M2Jet V6 Drive.

Hope this helps

Mercury 240 efi

I have the same boat and engine. My throttle body is shot and I am more than likely goin to part the boat out. I am willing to sell my engine block, it has low hours and is in great shape. If you are parting yours out I will buy your throttle body if it is in good shape.

Back