Logo

Mercury 150 Oil Injection question(s)

I have an 87 Mercury 150 which recently had a constant beeping come on while at the same time a switch pack went on causing 2,4,6 not to fire properly.

I changed both switch packs and the motor is now firing on all 6 but the oil alarm is still beeping.

I checked the voltage on the oil module's white wire and it was 11.3 (low). The Battery voltage in to the oil module is 12.5.. both of these measurements using the same engine ground.

I next tested the oil pump sensor with wires connected, spark plugs out checking the voltage from the blue-white wire to ground. The voltage was 4.5vdc. I rotated the engine using a socket wrench on the crank bolt and I never noticed the voltage drop to approx. 1vdc every 2 revolutions. It stayed 4.5 the entire time.

The pump is pumping oil since I can see it in the clear tube going down to the oil gas mixing block.

Is 11.3 volts on the white oil module wire indicative of a problem? Seems like there was a 1.2 vdc drop on the oil module.

the constant 4.5vdc on the oil pump sensor didn't seem right and it should have dropped to 1vdc every 2 revolutions.. Would this be causing the alarm?

This seems to tell me that my oil module is bad but I wonder if its just the voltage coming from the switch pack.

How can I eliminate the voltage from the switch pack as the issue?

Can I disconnect the green wire to the #4 coil on switch pack?

Is this part of the alarm needed?

Thanks in advance.

Back