Logo

Low idle; Engine chocking/dying when warm (video)

Mr.T

[FONT=&quot]I own an older Correct Craft Ski Martinique. When we summerized it this year we initially had some trouble with the ignition and idle (it wouldn't start and then ran rough, idled too low, and died). We changed the plugs, wires, and ultimate replaced the old distributor with a new electronic one. Worked like a charm... for 3 days. Then, when the boat warmed up it would start idling rough/low and dying. The problem quickly became progressively worse and the boat is now essentially inoperable (you can drive it if you throttle up in time, but the timing seems off, and it dies as soon as you bring it back to neutral/idle). I've attached a video of the engine choking and ultimately stalling. I am handy, but unfamiliar with this particular engine and what might be causing these (apparently) persistent issues. I would love any advice/guidance on this type of engine, whether this problem is common, what the problem is, and the best way to address it. Thanks!
[/FONT]

Ayuh,..... Pull the fuel filter, 'n examine it's contents in a clear jar for anything but clean fresh gasoline,.....

It sounds like a fuel delivery issue,.....

Ayuh,..... It's a SBC, probably a 350, maybe a 305,......

The block casting numbers might tell ya which,....

Back