Logo

Lot of water in engine oil

murradj

Problem...I didn't properly winterize my 1995 Penn Yan 4.3L Mercruiser by draining the raw water coolant. I know, I'm an idiot. I just sucked out about 4 gallons of raw water from the oil dipstick. So far I found one of the exhaust manifolds cracked, but could that cause coolant water to get into the engine crankcase?

If you have an oil cooler, it uses raw water to cool the oil, the exchanger may be rotted/compromised, unfortunately if water gets up to the rings, don't waste your time trying remedies, pull it. if the rings get rusty, it's over, probably rebuildable but new rings will be needed and make sure you identify the root cause.

Problem...I didn't properly winterize my 1995 Penn Yan 4.3L Mercruiser by draining the raw water coolant. I know, I'm an idiot. I just sucked out about 4 gallons of raw water from the oil dipstick. So far I found one of the exhaust manifolds cracked, but could that cause coolant water to get into the engine crankcase?
You can get a truck 4.3 from a wrecking yard and convert it to marine use if you are handy

Back