Logo

LM318 Replacement Aluminum Intake Manifold

piper468

Contributing Member
For Rick at Ricardo Marine,

Do you know of a replacement aluminum intake for my LM318 1984 model engine? Old intake P/N 2846347. Closed cooling with box style reservoir. AAA Marine has a part number on their web page but it doesn't give any more info. I have new Edelbrock 1409's and was wondering if I could use Edelbrocks Intake model #75763. I only have about two more inches of clearance between my flame arrestor and engine hatch so I'm a little sceptical that it will work. I live in the Portland area so maybe I can talk with you in more detail if we could hook up. THX

The edelbrock intake wont work as the thermostat housing/reservoir has a different bolt pattern that is unique to the chrysler marine intake. You may be able to fashion up an adapter if your good at welding. I tried. I ended up getting some NOS ones from ebay. Your looking for an intake with the thermostat bolts 3.25'' apart.

If you put a pencil zinc on the aluminum, would it prevent the corrosion on the aluminum intake if it was not FWC?

will

Will

Thanks Will,
I might get the Edelbrock intake and have a machine shop fabricate an adapter. The cast iron intakes are expensive so why not go with the aluminum for less money.

Russ

Back