Logo

Japanese made 8hp 2 stroke Mariner 8ML-6G1-L-306097. Is this a Yamaha or Merc? I need to find parts to make repairs and don’t really know the Year.

This motor will start on an easy first pull and idle beautifully but is not peeing. I may have to do some work on the water cooling system. Does this have a thermostat? Also will a Yamaha dealership have parts that will work on this motor?

A Mercury dealer should also be able to help you.----I think you can find all the parts on this website.----Click on ----boat engine parts----- and click some more to find your motor.

I re-started the motor and again with just a light first pull she started and this time she’s peeing with a very hot almost steamy stream.
The stream is weaker than I think it should be. The stream is intermittent and almost a dribble and then improves. It’s like it has an enlarged prostate sometimes a good stream and then other times just a dribble. Is this normal for this motor? If not then what can I do to help it get better.

Back