Logo

interceptor newbie

Mbourquin87

I got a 32 chris craft handed down to me from my, now retired, mentor. By handed down i mean i get to fix it now, its my headache now. it has an interceptor engine in it. were the Carter abd carbs what came on them originally? i have zero info on this motor at all. the floats werent ever adjusted for the boat angle and as far as i can tell the internals were original. the key was left on, fuel pump on, for a night. the needle and seat probably havent sealed in 15 years. the floats were set too high for the angle. bringing the fuel bowl level above the the fuel outlet in the venturi. it siphoned the fuel out of the bowl everytime it was shut off. wasnt a problem until the pump was left on. i removed 10 quarts of oil/gas mix out of the crankcase.  Now that i got it running right, i have technical questions. these engines were gone through and made a marine engine correct? my main question is where is the oil pickup at? being a marine engine i would assume it would have to be on the rear of the engine. i also know these engines are sometimes put in backwards. i changed the oil and everything i read said 5 quarts. i got 4 in it and its full on the stick. i stuck another half quart in it, just because. i do not have the serial number off it. where would i look for it? timing cover i would assume. Any help is greatly appreciated!!<br><br>Thanks, Mike

Yes, SN should be cast into the top of the timing cover...

There should also be some info 'punched' into the cover, above the SN line and to the left, just outside the topmost mounting bolt...

Back