Logo

HPDI help please

zigzag03

I have an 04 200 HPDI that doesn't pee. I've been from the back of the exhaust plate, thru the voltage regulator, and out the pee tube and found no blockage. It doesn't seem to be overheating, and it has a water pressure gauge fed off the top of the port cylinder head that gets up to about 10psi once the revs get over 2500. The pee outlet just drips until then after which it starts to make a little stream. Water pump a couple years old, heads/stats cool to touch, so I'm wondering? How much pressure might I expect to see if the water pump is good, or new? 10psi enough? I understand it's an old engine, an old gauge, may not be accurate. A "set" impeller might well be the cause, but I'm wondering what pressures I might hope to see from a good pump. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, I'm going to give this a run after I fix what I was actually there to fix. Maybe there's something behind the exhaust plate I can't clear with air pressure or small wire that's restricting the flow. Could cause a hot voltage regulator I suppose even if the engine itself is not overheating. I'll keep at it. Thanks again.

Back