Logo

how do you run an OMC TUFM-21C out of the water?

this antique is all new to me. i have no idea how to run this on land. anyone remember ? i just googled it and apparently it is an OMC stringer

You are sure it is a Chrysler engine ??----Sure it is a 73 and not a 72.-----I think there was an adapter kit to attach a hose.

OMC to my knowledge never used a Chrysler engine, but Chrysler boats did use a Volvo Penta drive, labeled "Chrysler Marine" but if you look closely it is obviously a Volvo Penta 270. Post up a pic. I bet it is NOT an OMC Stringer....

ok, so im an ass. i went back to the boat yesterday and dammit if it isnt a chevy engine. i think i just got it into my head that a blue motor was a chrysler, based on some old boats ive come across in the past. since i did not have to do any work on the motor, i really didnt give it a good look.,

anyways, i found the water intake. now i have to replace the gaskes on the pivot cap gaskets

has anyone done this ? i am unclear as to what seals the area on theinner side of thepivot plate. there is a gasket between the plate and the cover but the diagram doesnt show anything on the opposite side

Back