Logo

Honda BF 150 Fuel Flow Issues

ProlineDave

The saga continues....

I had over 100 trouble free hours on my 2 2004 Honda BF150s since my last fuel flow fiasco, and thanks again for your help. I replaced the rotted brass fittings on the Racors and replaced engine side with new OEM Honda lines and balls.

Then last week they acted up again with the port engine bogging out. I put both to full throtte and it got going again. Ran about 14 more miles with no issues.

I figured that I would start with changing the Racor 3213s today. They were out of stock so I used Sierra 18-7919.

Idled out to gulf for 15 minutes, but when I put the throttles down they both bogged down. Restarted and idled in, but then they both stopped completely. The new squeeze balls are pulling NO fuel. Just like before. So another line sucking air???

Hard to believe it is the large lines from the dip tubes to the RACors. They are super thick and the fitting on top of the tank feel solid and look like SS.

Maybe the dip tubes are rotted??

I am planning to use brake (hand) vacuum bleeder to test each line section tomorrow. Sound like a plan?? Any other ideaas??

Thanks !

Back