Logo

Gas issues

jackd

Contributing Member
I have a mariener 60 hp 2 stroke. It runs wide open then kinda stalls. I let idle slow for a little . Then can run again. If I run half throttle may run with no problems. I believe if runs out of gas and fulls back up again. I replaced the fuel filter on the motor and also replaced the external big fuel filter comming from the tank. I bought the boat and sat outside for a yr as moved acrossed the USA. I put 10 gal fresh gas in the boat . I’m trying to run all gas out now. My next guess is to rebuild the carb. I have another question. How to tilt motor manually. It wouldn’t tilt and found the wire became disconnected. I see a big screw beside the lift shock that has s pic of oil squirting out. Is that the bleeder you losen and lift the motor. Thanks for any help.

Flush entire fuel system,from tank to carb.There is a manual release screw on side of engine. Inside of fuel tank needs to be inspected any crud in the tank will jeopardize the rest of fuel system including fuelpump and carb.

I have a ranger boat and gas tank is under the floor. Right now I’m running all the gas out . May take a couple weeks to do yet.since I changed the filters it’s gotten a tad better. Thanks for your input. Where is the manual release screw and what’s it look like

Looks like you can use pliers or a socket. I was at the lake and wouldn’t go up. I found out the wire cane off luckily after agrivation. I just wanted to bring something in case I need it.Thanks . The gas tank is under the floor. It’s a ranger Cherokee. I’m going to try running all the gas out before I rebuild the carb.

Back