Logo

Evinrude Repair Manuals?

sparrow1

I know this has probably been asked a bazillion times but....What repair manual is best in your opinion?I'm leaning toward the OEM shop manual they sell here.I'm going through my gearcase on a '73 115 HP.I have it apart but I need the specifics on putting it back together.Thanks for your input,Charlie.

we need better manuals... re Evinrude Repair Manuals

:mad:I've got a the OMC 10 manual set for 2hp - v6 evenrude outboards, standing 3 inches thick, but doesnt even mention the drain tubes and metering rod anywhere, as seen, fortuanately, on this sites' exploded view, for my '84 4hp 2 cyc 2 cyl, and I can't rebuild the crankcase without finding out more first...that's why I posted a question tonight...anyone know where a more complete set would be found?

The OEM manuals are by far the best and most correct. Some DIY mechs however might find it a bit confusing that for certain jobs reference are given to special tools that are not too common. Gear case jobs are one of those. What you do not get is the 'manual' way of correct shimming (gear play), just measurements relative to the shimming tools. Same goes with bearing pre-load/play. However in general, nothing beats the OEM manuals.

Back