Logo

Evinrude 140V sometimes will not get to full throttle

Nate6208

So I have a 1987 140V here is what I have done so far:

Installed properly gaped plugs
installed new coils
installed new power pack
compression was 125 130 130 130
changed fuel lines to the tank and primer bulb bulb is hanging vertical and its new .

Sometimes it will not plane out and hangs at half throttle for a while then rockets up to plane.
At idle I have pulled the wires off individually and get no change with the #4 cylinder. But when i connect the plug wire to another spark plug it is sparking like crazy.

It will run at bull throttle with 6 people in the boat all day long when it does take off.

Help? are my float valves not closing properly if I pump too much and it locks up the motor with fuel. Is it just my float valves then ?

Model # of your motor ?-----The #4 has no fuel --------Too much fuel.-----Poor crankcase compression.---Bad sparkplug.----Bad plug wire.-----Poor electrical connection somewhere on ignition circuits.

Model # of your motor ?-----The #4 has no fuel --------Too much fuel.-----Poor crankcase compression.---Bad sparkplug.----Bad plug wire.-----Poor electrical connection somewhere on ignition circuits.

Model is E140TLCD All the spark plugs look identical after running for a while.

???----So are you prepared to do some trouble shooting.----You are saying that there appears to something wrong with #4 cylinder.-----Looking at the sparkplugs is just the beginning of the process !

Back