Logo

Electrical puzzle

Shoes48164

2004 Nitro with 225 Optimax. Problem started recently. If ignition switch turned to "on" I got beeping like an alarm was triggered. When turned to "start" I got nothing. Of course motor won't start and would also lose power to tilt and trim. What is puzzling is the fact that so far it doesn't seem to last forever. Sometimes I try the ignition and the motor starts as if nothing is wrong. Its like a crap shoot as to whether or not it will start. If it don't, I'm dead in the water except for trolling motor. At first I thought maybe neutral safety switch, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe ignition or another switch? Appreciate any insights.

Ayuh,..... Sounds like corroded connections,.....
Start at the battery, 'n clean the terminals, 'n cable lugs on both cables, on both ends,....

I checked and did have some questionable connections with some corrosion and with one bad ground wire connector at the battery terminal. I replaced it and cleaned and tightened the others. Hope that takes care of the problem. All under the cowl were clean and tight. Thanks for the input.

Back